Waltham Forest College has been awarded the Mayor’s Skills Academies seal of approval for providing skills in the environment, health and social care, hospitality, creative and construction sectors.
The Mayor’s Skills Academies Seal of Approval recognizes high quality vocational training providers in London. The quality mark will set the bar high for vocational training in London and meet the needs of sectors that are essential to London’s recovery.
The quality mark covers six priority sectors which are essential for London’s recovery and supports the Mayor’s commitment to helping Londoners perform well in key sectors for London’s recovery and long-term economic growth, and learners can use the quality mark to search for excellent, industry-relevant skills across the city. This is key to the Mayor’s mission to build a better London for all, and we are happy to work with the Mayor on this important work.
Waltham Forest College has successfully achieved the Seal of Approval by demonstrating:
- How vocational training provision is relevant to the industry, helping to tackle skills shortages
- The strength of links with employers, including specific engagement with SMEs, where appropriate
- How the activities promote and support the creation of good work opportunities, especially for underrepresented groups
- Evidence of positive pathways and destinations for learners, and effectiveness of Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to support this process
- Evidence of existing quality markers in skills provision, such as sectoral kitemarks and relevant assessments.
Quality Label accredited training providers will be reviewed annually to ensure high quality is maintained.
Janet Gardner, Principal and CEO of Waltham Forest College commented:
I am delighted that Waltham Forest College has successfully been awarded the Mayor’s Skills Academy kitemark in recognition of the high quality education our college provides to students in London, supporting progression into high quality employment and meeting the skills needs of employers to build a resilient, confident and skilled workforce.
To find out more about the College or to apply for a course, simply visit their website: www.waltham.ac.uk
Recommend0 recommendationsPosted in