Through this elevated partnership, the two organizations work together to provide specialist training and development for healthcare personnel.
CLEVELAND, July 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Health Affairs Centerthe main defender of Northeast Ohio hospitals, today announced a new educational opportunity through Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE), a leading healthcare workforce development company, for member hospitals, sponsoring and community organizations, and members of the Center’s business affiliate, CONTROLS Purchasing Group (GPO).
DHGE designs and delivers personalized online degrees, certificates and training programs by working alongside leading academic institutions as well as top-level healthcare experts, such as CEOs and nurses in chef, to deliver engaging and reimagined virtual workforce development content in a student-centric environment. environment.
“As the healthcare industry continues to struggle to meet its workforce needs, this partnership with DHGE is a step forward in our mission to help members achieve their workforce retention goals. “, said Brian Lane, President and CEO of the Center for Health Affairs. “These courses provide incredible opportunities for healthcare professionals looking to grow their careers into higher-level management positions and improve health equity within our community.”
The Center and DHGE began working together last year, and this expanded partnership now allows the Center to form cohorts with member and sponsor organizations to offer DHGE’s educational programming at a discounted rate.
“Our agile and flexible training options ensure healthcare professionals have access to best-in-class learning, whether in our MSN, MBA or certificate suite,” said Andrew Malley, CEO of Dignity Health Global Education. “We are also working with healthcare organizations on custom solutions such as our nursing residency with CommonSpirit Health, one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems, for better retention and a stronger workforce. “
Dignity Health Global Education, which recently announced a partnership as an education service provider with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offers professional development and higher education courses created specifically for healthcare. Learners and organizations can choose from over a dozen online courses, including:
- Mini-MBA in Health: Ideal for healthcare professionals considering applying to a full MBA program or looking to deepen their understanding of the healthcare sector, participants learn tactics for applying leadership skills and creating resilient and sustainable workplaces in 12 weeks.
- Social determinants of health: This eight-week certificate program equips the participant with the knowledge to address systemic complexities and political inequalities and the skills to influence others, whether staff members, colleagues, administrators or decision makers.
- RN to BSN completion: Designed in coordination with nursing leaders in healthcare innovation and delivery, this 12-week course is designed for registered nurses with an Associate of Arts (AA) degree , an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN), or a bachelor’s degree other than a BSN to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Health project management: This eight-week certificate program introduces high-level concepts of project management, provides an overview of different stakeholders and risks, and describes the leadership skills essential to thriving as a successful project manager in the field of project management. health.
- Department of Health: Designed for healthcare professionals looking to lead effectively, this 12-week online certificate course offers practical examples and evidence-based content that can be applied in a structured and methodical way to quickly transition from idea to action.
- Nursing residency: A modern and innovative method to train, educate and support new nurses as they transition from their academic learning environment to professional clinical practice, this program enables graduate nurses to gain confidence and competence through pathways of Carefully designed curriculum for nursing specializations.
About Dignity Health Global Education:
DHGE is an online training and technology provider for healthcare personnel. Our mission is to transform the way healthcare workers learn. We design learning experiences that are loved and affect positive change in the lives of our learners and, in turn, impact their organization. We partner with leading academic institutions and leading experts to innovate, redefine and reinvent health workforce development.
About the Health Affairs Center
The Center for Health Affairs, the nation’s first regional hospital association, has been the collective voice of Northeast Ohio hospitals for over 100 years. Together with its affiliates, CHAMPS Group Purchasing and The Essentials Group, the Center continues the legacy of its founders, working collaboratively to increase the efficiency of healthcare delivery, providing relevant healthcare information to the public and undertaking initiatives to improve the health of the community. For more information, visit www.neohospitals.org.
SOURCE The Health Affairs Center